- Bachelor or Master
Do you want to be a part of a young, hungry start-up working towards electrifying the world’s vehicles and machines? Do you want to feel the exhilaration of working with a team of like-minded future-forward people using cutting-edge tech to create advanced battery systems? Then we think you might just belong with the ELEO crew!
We’re growing every day, which means we need more brilliant minds joining the team. Right now, that means a Hardware Engineer to come on board brimming with ideas and ready to take the battery industry by storm with us!
What will you do as a Hardware Engineer at ELEO?
At ELEO we provide cutting-edge battery systems with a superior energy density to power a wide variety of electric applications. You will be electrically engineering a battery building machine that will improve quality and volume of our production plant.
As our hard-core Hardware Engineer, you will be:
- Developing and creating benchmark battery manufacturing systems so sophisticated, that they are not yet available on the market
- Counseling with automation solution suppliers
- Supporting the team with your knowledge in electronics
- Developing setups that can measure and monitor our high-tech battery systems during their production
- Facilitating the tenfold growth in production volume while improving quality
- Being our kick-ass problem solver that makes sure all equipment is running at top performance
A day in the life of a Hardware Engineer (Applications):
Your day kicks off with a cup of coffee, giving you the caffeine fix you need to get started. You check your email/messages and then check in with production operator Laura Geurts to see what you’ve got going on today, and her thoughts on how to approach processes.
You dive right in and meet with your project team to hear what they’ve got going on too. Your teammate Nick Janssen is building the electrical cabinet and he tells you one of the components will only be delivered in 2024: you quickly go over the alternatives with him so that the cabinet can be finished in time. You’re both quick thinkers, so you come by a nice solution.
Next, it’s time for lunch. If it’s a nice, sunny day you head outside to catch some rays with your teammates.
Full and happy, you hop back in with some planned focus-time, so you can prepare the risks analysis presentation for tomorrow. You already foresee a couple risks and think of ways how to mitigate those.
By the end of the day you let team lead Roel Offermans know you're well on your way to finish the project on time. You do indicate, however, that a side project is taking up more time than expected so he makes sure additional help is called in so you can fully focus on your main project.
You wrap up your work and it’s time to go home! You had an awesome, productive day and got a ton of great work done with your team. Enjoy your evening, and see you tomorrow!
Interested? Apply now!
Requirements / Background
- A bachelor or master’s degree in mechatronics/electrical engineering at HBO/WO level
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with electrical CAD software (e.g. EPLAN, SEE Electrical)
- Creating and reading electrical diagrams
- Experience with industrial control panels is a plus
What we offer
- The freedom to work hybrid with flexible working hours
- A generous pension scheme
- Daily lunch with the whole company
- Commuting allowance or OV Business Card
- 35 holidays per year including a company closure during Christmas & NYE
/ Our process
Do you want to join the ELEO crew?
1 ApplicationIf this position seems like a fit to you, send us your resume and motivation letter via the application form below. We'd love to hear about how you'd contribute to the awesome ELEO team!
2 InterviewsIf we think you could be a great fit at ELEO, we'll invite you for a range of interviews with different ELEO team members. These interviews will help us decide if it's a great match on both sides—both professionally and personally. We love to have fun and also get the job done!
3 AssessmentIf everyone is still vibing and it's looking like a really great match we will dive a little deeper into the applicable process. That means more in-depth discussions with your potential colleagues and a possible test case to show off your skills.
4 Signing a contractIf we're both sides are super excited after the assessment then we'd love to come to an agreement with you! As soon as you sign the contract, we'll strive towards building a long-term agreement in which we can both bring out the best in each other.
/ drop us a line