Do you want to be a part of a young, hungry start-up working towards electrifying the world's vehicles and machines? Do you want to feel the exhilaration of working with a team of like-minded future-forward people using cutting-edge tech to create advanced battery systems? Then we think you might just belong with the ELEO crew!
We're growing every day, which means we need more fresh minds joining the team. Right now that means we’re looking for an IT Specialist brimming with ideas for how to improve our IT systems and make our processes more streamlined.
What will you do as an IT Specialist?
At ELEO we provide cutting-edge battery systems with a superior energy density to power a wide variety of electric applications. You will be planning long term IT developments as well as fixing ad-hoc IT issues.
As ELEO’s new IT Specialist, you'll be dealing with:
On the development side:
- Implementing procedures that will improve our IT systems
- Maintaining a flexible work environment that support many different use cases
- Building systems to enable IT activities to scale
- Improving data security and availability for all our communication and storage applications
On the operational side:
- Maintaining and improving workstations for the ELEO team
- Fixing technical issues and facilitating different applications, such as data, connectivity or software
- Enabling new IT services/devices/tools
- Monitoring, maintaining and protecting our network and data
- Taking rresponsibility for agreements with our IT service/hardware providers.
A Day in the Life of an IT Specialist:
Your day kicks off with a cup of coffee. Someone just turned 30, and has brought cake for everyone. You decide today will be your cheat day, and you grab a piece to enjoy with your coffee.
You meet with your colleague Stephan van der Burgh to go over the priorities for the day—right now you’re receiving a lot of support from him and Co-Founder Jeroen Bleker, though as your role grows you’ll have the chance to take on more responsibilities and shape the IT team further.
You have blocked the morning to do some work on our cloud data gathering of the always-connected battery systems, together with our software team.
Around 12:30 it’s time for lunch. We have free lunch right in the ELEO breakroom, or if it’s a nice, sunny day you head outside to catch some rays with your teammates on a lunch walk. And of course, there’s always the opportunity to have lunch at the canteen of the Automotive Campus.
Then it's back to it! You prepare three new laptops for colleagues that will start next week. You also set up new servers that will help save data storage. One of your colleagues is having some practical problems with their laptop, and you quickly identify the issue and solve. Our content creator Luan Andrade needs to download a new software tool, so you help him with this. Everyone is happy with the help you gave them, and are ready to rock another day!
You wrap up your work and it’s time to go home! You had a dynamic and productive day, and got a ton of great work done with your team. Enjoy your evening, and see you tomorrow!
- HBO level or higher with a relevant study background
- Experience with large IT infrastructures and setting up and maintaining network infrastructure
- Familiar with Windows server and relevant common-use features
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure environment
- Experience with Unifi, VMware and docker is recommended
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a young, talented, and diverse team with a lot of ambition
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions
- An open, creative, and inspiring company culture
- Fun and informal get-togethers and company trips (BBQs, games, vrijmiboes, adventurous outings+any input and ideas for events you might have!)
- Monthly breakfast get-togethers (with updates from the group and WAY too much food)
/ Our process
Do you want to join the ELEO crew?
1 ApplicationIf this position seems like a fit to you, send us your resume and motivation letter via the application form below. We'd love to hear about how you'd contribute to the awesome ELEO team!
2 InterviewsIf we think you could be a great fit at ELEO, we'll invite you for a range of interviews with different ELEO team members. These interviews will help us decide if it's a great match on both sides—both professionally and personally. We love to have fun and also get the job done!
3 AssessmentIf everyone is still vibing and it's looking like a really great match we will dive a little deeper into the applicable process. That means more in-depth discussions with your potential colleagues and a possible test case to show off your skills.
4 Signing a contractIf we're both sides are super excited after the assessment then we'd love to come to an agreement with you! As soon as you sign the contract, we'll strive towards building a long-term agreement in which we can both bring out the best in each other.