- Bachelor or Master
Do you want to be a part of a young, hungry start-up working towards electrifying the world's vehicles and machines? Do you want to feel the exhilaration of working with a team of like-minded future-forward people using cutting-edge technology to create advanced battery systems? Then we think you might just belong with the ELEO crew.
We're growing every day, which means we need more brilliant minds joining the team. Right now, that means a Mechanical Engineer (applications) to come on board brimming with ideas and ready to take the battery industry by storm with us!
What will you do as a Mechanical Engineer at ELEO?
At ELEO we create cutting-edge battery systems with superior energy density to power a wide variety of electric applications. You will be implementing the battery systems in various applications depending on the specified requirements of our clients—working closely with them to ensure that their needs are being met.
As our savvy Mechanical Engineer, you will be:
- 3D designing and prototyping battery packs based on client requirements
- Keeping an eye on the assembly process
- Revising & iterating for series production
- Working on your own assignments as collaborating with other engineering teams
- Giving input for process & design standardization
- Checking in with the production team
- Occasionally working directly with clients to manage logistics
- Working closely with R&D and production
- A day in the life of a Mechanical Engineer (applications):
A day in the life of a Mechanical Engineer:
Your day kicks off with a cup of coffee, giving you the caffeine fix you need to get started. You check your email/messages for any updates and then check in with the project leaders Bas Rijs and Luuk van Ravenstein. You delve into 3D-designing your project, and follow up with the R&D team and the client to make sure you're on the same page and all the specifications are met.
Next, it's time for lunch. If it's a nice, sunny day you head outside to catch some rays with your teammates on a lunch walk.
Then it's back to production, where you check up on assembly. You need to check whether the battery system communicates correctly with the excavator it will be used in, so you ask our embedded software engineer Sebastiaan Verhoek to check this with you. You are not sure about the delivery of components, so you Chris Sampson to check on the purchasing process. Finally you want to make sure that the ELEO branding is put correctly on the shiny final product, so you ask Luan Andrade for his creative eye.
You wrap up your work and it's time to go home! You had an awesome, productive day and got a ton of great work done with your team. Enjoy your evening, and see you tomorrow!
We work on a wide variety of electrical applications, such as motorcycles, excavators, and mini loaders. In the video below two ELEO-colleagues and our client talk about implementing our battery systems into a tractor. As a Mechanical Engineer, you design the battery pack in 3D CAD software (Siemens NX or SolidWorks) with all the given requirements, assemble it, and test it. Depending on the client you even install the battery pack into the application.
Interested? Apply now!
Requirements / Background
- A bachelor degree in mechatronics/mechanical/electrical engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant fulltime experience in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in 3D CAD software (Siemens NX/ Solidworks)
- Experience with SEE electrical is a plus
- Interest and experience with standardization and the industry sector is a plus.
What we offer
- The freedom to work hybrid with flexible working hours
- A generous pension scheme
- Daily lunch with the whole company
- Commuting allowance or OV Business Card
- 35 holidays per year including a company closure during Christmas & NYE
/ Our process
Do you want to join the ELEO crew?
1 ApplicationIf this position seems like a fit to you, send us your resume and motivation letter via the application form below. We'd love to hear about how you'd contribute to the awesome ELEO team!
2 InterviewsIf we think you could be a great fit at ELEO, we'll invite you for a range of interviews with different ELEO team members. These interviews will help us decide if it's a great match on both sides—both professionally and personally. We love to have fun and also get the job done!
3 AssessmentIf everyone is still vibing and it's looking like a really great match we will dive a little deeper into the applicable process. That means more in-depth discussions with your potential colleagues and a possible test case to show off your skills.
4 Signing a contractIf we're both sides are super excited after the assessment then we'd love to come to an agreement with you! As soon as you sign the contract, we'll strive towards building a long-term agreement in which we can both bring out the best in each other.
/ drop us a line