Do you want to be a part of a young, hungry start-up working towards electrifying the world's vehicles and machines? Do you want to feel the exhilaration of working with a team of like-minded future-forward people using cutting-edge tech to create advanced battery systems? Then we think you might just belong with the ELEO crew!
We’re growing every day, which means we need more brilliant minds joining the team. Right now, that means a Technical Buyer to come on board brimming with ideas and ready to take the battery industry by storm with us!
What will you do as a Technical Buyer at ELEO:
At ELEO we provide cutting-edge battery systems with a superior energy density to power a wide variety of electric applications. Your baby will be refining the procurement process throughout the product lifecycle from design, proto building, and series delivery. You will also be required to join in on our awesome monthly beer sessions and BBQs :)
As our brainy buyer, you’ll be:
- Working with the R&D and Manufacturing teams to source a wide variety of components.
- Contributing strategies or finding alternatives when market issues prevent the original component from being procured.
- Playing a crucial role in improving project & manufacturing lead times and the availability of ELEO’s technology.
- Communicating purchase orders with our vendors, confirming delivery dates, and ensuring items are delivered on time in full.
- Playing a role in setting up vendor management activities; a balancing act between maximizing value, building strong relationships and supporting ELEO’s short and long-term goals.
- Collaborating with the procurement team to evaluate and steer our vendors' KPIs and overall procurement objectives.
A day in the life of a Technical Buyer:
Your day kicks off with a cup of coffee, giving you the caffeine fix you need to get started. You check your email/messages for any updates and then check in with the team Chris Sampson & Maartje Verhoek.
You dive right in on running planned purchase orders--creating the documentation and providing it to our vendors.
Next, it’s time for lunch. If it’s a nice, sunny day you head outside to catch some rays with your teammates on a lunch walk.
Full and happy, you hop back in and sit in project kick-off meetings with Bas Rijs and Marc Blinderbach to understand what our customers' special requirements are and what the ideal procurement path is.
You make sure to check in with Electrical Engineer Edgar van Megen to go over the customer’s designs, making sure things are going smoothly and without market disruption.
You also review vendor KPI’s with Chris to make sure that the expectations of both us and our partners are met.
You wrap up your work and it's time to go home! You had an awesome, productive day and got a ton of great work done with your team. Enjoy your evening, and see you tomorrow!
Take a look inside our production facility
Requirements / Background
- A bachelor’s degree with a technical background is ideal
- 3+ years’ experience in working in a technical environment
- You are a solution-based thinker
- Accurate and a strong eye for detail
- A team player who is open, energetic, and approachable
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English both written and verbal
- Understanding of various manufacturing methods is a plus
- Savvy & sensitive when it comes to dealing with external parties
- Skilled with ERP systems & Microsoft Office is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a young, talented, and diverse team with a lot of ambition
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions
- An open, creative, and inspiring company culture
- Flexible working hours and the freedom to schedule your day around you
- Fun and informal get-togethers and company trips (BBQs, games, vrijmiboes, adventurous outings+any input and ideas for events you might have!)
- Monthly breakfast get-togethers (with updates from the group and WAY too much food)
ApplicationIf this position seems like a fit to you, send us your resume and motivation via the application form below. Please tell us why you want to work at ELEO and what you think you can contribute to our team.
InterviewsWhen we think you might be a good fit to our organization, we'll invite you for a range of interviews with different ELEO people. We'll use these interviews to see if there is a great match from both sides, both personally and content-wise.
AssessmentWhen the outcome of the interviews is still positive from both sides, we dive a little deeper into the applicable role at ELEO. You'll have in-depth discussions with your potential colleagues and/or work on a case.
ContractIf we're both excited about each other after the assessment we'd love to come to an agreement with you. As soon as you sign the contract, we'd strive towards building a long-term agreement in which we can both bring out the best in each other.