- Bachelor, Master
Do you want to be a part of an ambitious scale up working towards electrifying the world's vehicles and machines? Do you want to feel the exhilaration of working with a team of like-minded future-forward people using cutting-edge technology to create advanced battery systems? Then we think you might just belong with the ELEO crew.
We're growing every day, which means we need more great minds joining the team.
What will you do as a Software team lead at ELEO?
As team lead, you know how to keep your cool. Having an overview on all your daily tasks and meetings therefore comes natural to you. With that in mind, you start your day wrapping your head around your agenda. Which meeting requires preparation? Which team member deserves some extra attention today? And where in my day can I schedule some time to work on the Software roadmap?
At ELEO software is an important part of our product, with various teams on the embedded software of the battery pack itself, servicing tools, cloud interfaces and even production line software. As the software team lead it is your responsibility to structure this fast growing department and oversee the various software related domains within ELEO.
You are the person that will inspire, motivate and build a strong and healthy team. Your ambition is to put people in their strength and develop themselves accordingly. In close collaboration with the other engineering departments you will support your team of highly talented engineers. You strive for a good balance between efficiency and effectiveness with the goal to have them deliver high quality solutions which will benefit the mission of ELEO.
You will be having a direct impact on the future of the software department of ELEO and therefore the quality of our products in the future.
As ELEO’s new Software Team Lead you will be dealing with:
- Supporting the personal and professional development of the team with a keen eye for finding the intersection between the person’s passion and ELEO’s business objective(s).
- Creating and securing a strong and healthy team via 1:1 sessions with the team members (goals, personal subjects, development, activities etc.)
- Help scaling the department sustainably by identifying needs and creating the necessary structure.
- Make sure team objectives are reached by overseeing cross project resources and planning. With the responsibility to attract new talent (internal and/or external).
- Defining processes, overseeing their implementation and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring good collaboration between the software team and other engineering departments: Electrical, Mechanical, Modelling & Control, and Systems.
- HR related activities regarding your team - such as: coaching, 360 feedback, 1;1, contract extensions, sick leave, leave requests, etc.
Requirements / Background
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical direction
- Must have 8 years of experience in leading (various) software departments
- Experience with change management, instrumental in organizational change.
- You obtained a high level of social people skills and the ability to connect with, inspire, challenge and retain people
- Courses in psychology, communication, leadership or development tools (Insights/DISC etc) are preferred
- You are an excellent listener and you know how to make an authentic connection with people (cultural awareness)
- Must have a good understanding of embedded and non-embedded software development
- Must have experience with agile working methods
- Motivated and a team player
- Fluent in English and residing in the Netherlands
What we offer
- A generous pension scheme
- Daily lunch with the whole company
- Commuting allowance or OV Business Card
- Freedom to work flexible hours as well as opportunity to work from home twice a week
- 35 holidays per year including a company closure during Christmas & NYE
/ Our process
How we hire
The hiring process varies depending on role. We’ll keep you informed of what the next steps will be throughout the course of your interviews.
1 ApplicationIf this position seems like a fit to you, send us your resume and motivation letter via the application via the 'Apply Now' button. We'd love to hear about how you'd contribute to the ELEO team!
2 InterviewsIf we think you could be a great fit at ELEO, we'll invite you for a range of interviews with different ELEO team members. These interviews will help us to get to know each other better and decide if it's a great match on both sides—both professionally and personally. We love to have fun and also get the job done!
3 AssessmentIf everyone is still vibing and it's looking like a really great match we will dive a little deeper into the applicable process. That means more in-depth discussions with your potential colleagues and a possible test case to show off your skills.
4 Signing a contractIf we're both sides are super excited after the assessment then we'd love to come to an agreement with you! As soon as you sign the contract, we'll strive towards building a long-term agreement in which we can both bring out the best in each other.